Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One more week

Hello Family,

Happy Labor day!! BYU won, and the U woot!
Happy Birthday Emily!!!!
Life is going well, I am feeling a little better, thank you all for your prayers. Today is Sis Miras' 25th Birthday. We went to a waterfall for Zone activity and had some sort of chicken BBQ...it was interesting and very tempting to get into the water but we didn't. Anyway a lot of you have mentioned Jane Eyre, which is funny because I have been pondering that story as well, occasionally a song from the musical will pop into my head or while we are walking up the street and the exhaust fumes are covering the street I look at it billow and pretent that I am Jane on the moors. Fun times. I am trying to make life more of an adventure than a endurance trial. I think of my cold showers in the morning as prep for backpacking trips, we play cockroach hockey each night, anyway I am trying to find ways to make things more fun.
I finally got a new fan!!! I love being able to sleep and not sweat all night!!! Although I don't sleep very well anymore, I wake up a lot...this morning it was a combination of the roosters and jeep-nee horns. Sigh.
Merry Christmas. They start their christmas celebration September 1 because they don't have Halloween or Thanksgiving they just jump straight to Christmas...a little soon for me especially since my brain still thinks that it is July. We get up every morning to the same green the same heat, the only difference is the amount of rain we get each day.
I have been listening to my music a lot, music really does wonders to heal the soul. I am already through the batties of my CD player, luckily I have extras. Thank you again for the music and speakers.
Oddly enough as I feel better and feel like I am trying to work harder and the language is seeming a little more understandable the work seems to be slowing down. Brother Jun smoked and is feeling really discouraged about trying again to quit. We have had a few move away for the next 42 weeks to work. Sigh. They don't tell us they just are gone and their families are like "didn't they tell you they are working in ... for the next ...weeks." We had 2 at church last week. There are a lot of sick people around here now and that has caused many to miss coming. We did get a referral this Friday who is golden, he is 16 and after we taught the restoration we stayed there for the next 35 minutes just answering questions of the soul, he was asking questions like what happens to someone who doesn't accept the gospel in this life. Awesome!!! He accepted a baptismal date! People like him make it worth it.
Well Sis Miras wants to go celebrate her birthday at the members' houses, we are late because the activity went over. Sigh.
I am working hard.
I love you.
Sis Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment