Happy Thanksgiving!!
What a week, we have met 3 new sisters and they are so hungry for the gospel, they about cried when we gave them the Book of Mormon, they came to church on their own yesterday and they gladly accepted baptismal dates. Amazing how the Lord is really preparing people for us to teach. Then others close their hearts. I got my first "Please don't come back anymore" note, that kind of hurt since we have spent so much time with them and teaching them.
Another miracle this week, we have been teaching the children of part member families in Tumana, and there are 4 families, we gave them December 4 baptismal dates almost a month ago and their children gladly accepted. But one of the mothers was very opposed. I have been praying that her heart would be softened and that before their interviews she would consent. Well our prayers were answered this week, she listened to us teaching the 10 commandments, with all the hand signals and interaction and spirit we could bring, and after wards she told us that she would tell us her answer on Friday. We came on Friday a little nervous, but after our lesson, she told us that she was in favor of her daughters being baptized and that she would like to come to watch the baptism. She is next, I know it!
Snow. Jealous. We have a lot of pollution so it looks white like it is going to snow, but then it can't because it is still really really hot. We have had a lot of rain lately and it is slightly cooler, people are wearing jackets, and I am still sweating. What an adventure.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, there is so much that I am thankful for this year, mostly you as my family. I miss you all so much. I hope that this holiday season is wonderful for you, even though I have been gone 7 months now I am still grateful for the letters, prayers and support.
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
We have mission tour this week so we deep cleaned our apartment. I found out that like in Harry Potter if you follow the little spiders and little ants you find GIANT spiders. Ick. It honestly doesn't look any cleaner after 5 hours of scrubbing, but lo and behold we did indeed follow the counsel of our President and it is as clean as we could get it. Sigh. The Church is True.
Well I miss you a lot today, especially since the holidays really start this week, at least I only have to do this once. YAY.
Pick a good looking Christmas tree for me. If it has mice, ayos lang [all right], they are actually kind of cute compared to cockroaches, especially the tiny mice that we always see in houses. Yup I am super weird. I think I will end here this week.
Ingat.
with love,
Sister Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment