Hello Family,
Well as the mission life goes on transfers have come upon us quite quickly. I was astonished by how quickly this past month has just flown past. Well, President waited until 11:20 to call us, we were working on weekly planning, I was popping Tums like they were smarties and hoping to calm down. Then the call came...he said something about changes needing to be made then "Sister Jensen you are being transferred to Mount Pleasant to reopen the area to Sisters. You will be whitewashing the area with Sister Wright who has just 3 months in the mission. I have a special responsibility for you, there is a Filipino family that has separated over the issue of baptism and they need your help in softening their hearts and their Filipino friends hearts and helping them reunite." We will also share the area with Elders, but Central Michigan University will be in my area I am just not sure if I will work there or not. I am a little scared but the Spirit is strong and so is the peace that comes with it, I just really don't want to leave Sister Miner she has really become a good friend and wonderful companion.
We were in Petoskey on Wednesday and we will be driving to Cadillac and Traverse City today, the scenery is absolutely gorgeous spring is finally starting with humid hot days...it makes me miss the Philippines a little. The people are all putting their docks and boats out on the lakes and wearing scandalous clothing, good times.
This week has been really hard for us, we were promised by our Zone Leaders that if we cancelled our appointments and took more time to tract that we would find 5 people who would invite us back and want to learn more. So we obediently cleared our schedule and have spent a lot of time out tracting both here in Grayling and in Gaylord and door after door has been shut in our faces and we are closing the week without a single invitation back. We were able to talk to a lot of people. It was in the mid 80's on Thursday and we had just tracted a Hazel street and ran into a Grace Baptist minister who wanted to Bible bash so we stopped for a Slurpee and there was a man with a handicapped man in a wheel chair getting a Slurpee I didn't think much of it but as we walked to the park to sit and drink them they pulled up and sat on a bench as well. For the first time in my life I actually wanted to talk to a stranger in a park, so I did, I went up and talked about the day and other things, then I asked him a question of the soul and he shut me down...sigh. I hope that someday all these seeds being planted will be fruitful. After all that Sister Miner was feeling pretty low yet for some odd reason I was still happy as a clam, it is amazing how if we really tune into the Spirit He can help soften the blow of rejection.
We dropped Ronald our 83 year old investigator, we tried yelling The Restoration, the Spirit does not really abide while yelling even if it was for a good cause. I will have to laugh over the fact that there we were sitting in a cigar smoke filled room trying to testify about Joseph Smith, I will never forget yelling the first vision while he gazed past me through the window. Ouch. I know that we helped him become a better person, even just a little bit better but it was still hard to drop him.
There has been a lot of thunder and lightening this week especially at night, enough to keep me awake for quite a while just about every night so I am pretty groggy at the moment. I am planning on a nap on the long long long drive today to Cadillac and traverse city.
I know that this Gospel is true and that we have the fullness of it restored. I know that it was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that everyone on earth can know for themselves the truthfulness of this message for themselves if they truly have the desire. Have you ever notices how often desire is mentioned in the Book of Mormon, I am amazed by how often it was done or given to people according to their desires.
I love you all, thank you for your prayers and letters of support.
Mahal ko po kayo!
Ingat,
Sister Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment