Monday, July 18, 2011

Wax on, wax off

Hello Family!!!
What another week it has been here in Mount Pleasant. Can I just say that we are exhausted and we got up early yesterday for interviews in Midland and today to wax our car. I have now waxed a car, to be honest it is kind of fun.
Interviews were amazing. We got a call Thursday night from our Zone Leaders asking us to card into their apartment and bring their area book to Midland with us, they were there early for a Stake Coordination meeting. It is a good thing that I had a spare card and we were able to get their area book. The door opened for me without any problems on the first try. What a strange blessing and skill to have!! President Hess wanted to review our area books with us during interviews, so it was a good thing that everyone had theirs. We also did 100 miles of driving yesterday and it was not my driving day...I got pretty car sick. It was not in any way shape or form fun, but the work goes on even if we are car sick, and dizzy, and completely tired. Good times.
Sister Wright and I were able to meet the standards of excellence again. It has taken everything out of us to do so, we have worked harder than ever to reach those goals. We have sacrificed a lot, yet in the long run probably not a lot, it just seems like a lot because we are here and now living it and giving it up.
My interview with President Hess was awesome. Can I just say that I am so grateful to come from an awesome family. No matter where I am in the world I seem to come across people who know the Jensen family and they love them. This case was no different. Dad, I am glad that while you work you do so in an honest and respectful manner. Grandma Jensen you too. President Hess says to tell you all hello. The overall feeling of that interview was "expect good things" I am not sure what those things will be, but over and over that is what has been said and what comes to mind.
We were able to go visit Sandy and Linda up in the Country Senior Living Center. I love these dear sisters. We just met them last week and they were so happy to see us again. Linda had the idea that we read from the Restoration pamphlet and talk about it at each of our visits. We read and talked about God being our loving Heavenly Father and ended talking about Prophets. Midway through our conversation Sandy turns to Linda and says, lets get a bus and go to Church this Sunday. She proceeded to write it in her planner and help Linda see that she was going to go with her and sit with her and that they could bring snacks in case she was hungry between meetings. It was so sweet to see the Spirit work on these sisters, especially since we didn't bring up coming to church. The way the share the Ensign's and read the scriptures together is inspiring. It showed to me the importance of friends in helping us along our Spiritual progression.
We have just been so busy this week I don't know what to say or where to start in telling about it. One cool story is that as I pray to become a more bold missionary I have found myself approaching people on the street and while we are walking and talking to them. This last week I even noticed a man setting up a tent outside his apartment complex and I went up and started to talk to him. Turns out this is his first tent, it was a Coleman 3 man tent, simple enough to set up, but he looked lost. Without hurting his pride I offered to help him set it up. Sister Wright does not camp so this was good for her as well. We were able to set up the tent and talk about the Gospel while we did so, as we walked away I couldn't believe that I had actually just done that. I am glad that the Spirit is helping me with this mission because normal me would have shied away from helping a stranger set up a tent.
Sister Wright and I get to teach Relief Society tomorrow, the lesson is about Eternal Marriage. Woot. Not sure why we get to teach about it but it is another teaching opportunity so I am not about to turn it down. Plus since we have investigators coming to church this week that will be awesome, they said that they would stay all 3 hours. And Brittany Abbot did stay for it all last week. We have such wonderful investigators I am so blessed to be teaching them and learning from them.

I am glad to hear that everyone is staying busy and since I haven't heard much from anyone I assume that means all is well. I love you all. Have a wonderful week.

With love, Mahal ko po kayo.
Sister Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment