Sunday, September 18, 2011

I am training again and again and again... :D‏

Dear Family,
What a week this one has turned out to be. We had transfer calls this week and wow were they different than I thought they would be. I thought that Sister Keys and I were immune to these since we are still in the middle of the 12 week training program. Well we were not immune and President Hess called and asked if he could talk to me and well I am training the 2 new sisters that are coming into the mission along with finishing training Sister Keys. Yes those who have math skills that would be a grand total of 3 companions. Still not sure how that is all going to work out but it will. On the plus side I have never been more complimented in my life. The Lord seems to have a lot of trust in me and training in the niche that I was told I would find in this Mission. Seriously what a compliment to have the opportunity to train so many new dear sisters.
This week it rained a ton and was cold, my tracting shoes with the hole in the bottom was rabid, it actually was bubbling and foaming every time I stepped down. That plus lack of sleep and stress equaled Sister Keys and I laughing until we cried right in the middle of campus. I love life!
Our Asian moments this week were awesome. We met a guy last night who was sad and we asked him why, in broken English he responded, "I tried to ask a girl on date, I failed" and hung his head as he walked away. It was really sad, we tried to talk to him but he was not wanting to talk. Another guy we met said that he did not have time for God, he was heading down campus when we met him. We didn't think anything of our visit and moved on talking to others, we were talking to a guy that took us in walking loops around campus and he dropped us off in the middle of nowhere middle of campus and lo and behold there was that the guy that said he didn't have time for God. He came up to us and said that he had made a great mistake and could he meet with us. It was awesome. We also met another Asian kid who we asked how he found peace and happiness in his life and he responded that he just had his first hug from a girl today and that made him happy. Asians are just amazing, I love working with them!!! :D
As for investigators there is Tia, she did not finish reading Alma 34 so we read it with her. Abby our fellow-shipper was able to be there and answer questions. Tia was asking some really really deep doctrinal questions that we were able to point back to faith to answer. Her assignment is Ether 12, we are working on helping Tia sincerely pray and have a greater desire to know that what she is learning is true. She has a lot of fear and that is hindering her faith.
Dexter and Xiao are still progressing towards baptism. Dexter is reading from the Book of Mormon and loving it, he is also praying and you can see the difference. Xiao is struggling to pray and we are going to spend our next lesson with them talking about the purpose of prayer. We were able to teach about the Plan of Salvation and to see Dexter make the connections was just happiness. They were not able to make it to church last week because of illness but this week they said they would and they have already met the person giving them a ride.
Hiva, is a member referral from our Ward Mission Leader. Hiva has met with the missionaries about a year ago but he said that he was not ready to learn and now he wants to learn. He has been coming to sports night with the YSA for a while now. We were able to give him an overview of what we will be teaching and answer his questions when we met with him. Brother Cody is really good friends with him and is making sure that he has a ride to church and that he has someone to sit with. It is fantastic to have him to welcomed. Hiva was also able to come to our ward opening social last week, yay!!
Finding has been going well, Sister Keys is doing great she is being more persistent and I know that she will do great this next transfer helping a new sister learn how to contact as well. What a joy it is to see her learn so quickly, I know that the Lord has helped her learn quickly so that she will be ready for this new opportunity! We went from wanted to "barf on peoples shoes" to "Hey how are you" and responding to needs. What a beautiful thing.
What else...we get to set up the apartment to house 4 sisters now, one bathroom...this apartment went from spacious to small. Oh well, still the good life compared to the Philippines.
We made zucchini bread this morning and muffins on Friday. I love spending time cooking with Sister Keys she is just amazing. I have really never had a happier companionship. There really is charity and love and companionship unity. What a blessing it is. Also please keep her in your prayers she keeps loosing the hearing in her left ear, they think that it is related to stress and headaches. (Loss of hearing sound familiar to anyone? She really is my trainee!!!)
This morning I could not sleep, I lay in bed from 2:30 am until 4:30 when we got up to do laundry then I wrote in my journal and just got ready for the day. There are so many thoughts running through my mind, about training 3 sisters and once and leading the change in the mission. Of having SO many prayers answered this past week that I cannot even begin to number them. Our lives right now are exceedingly blessed!
We have been extending this 21 day challenge to every member of the Relief Society in the ward and the Elders have been to every guy in the ward. We had to have them all out by tomorrow before our Missionary Fireside. We have our Stake President Richie and President Hess and Bishop Robison speaking at it, we are also singing. It should be a great meeting. I hope that it helps inspire our ward members to do some missionary work!
Thank you all for your letters and e-mails. I really love hearing from you. Let me know if there is ever anything that I can do for you from Michigan!

Mahal ko po Kayo!
Ingat,
Sister Rebecca Jensen
P.S. Our preparation day is moving to Monday so I will not be writing until next next Monday. Please still write me! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment