Dear Family,
Well if you are going to write to me this week I will be able to read it next Thursday. We have a sisters p-day with Sister Hess on Monday and afterwards I will be doing exchanges with the Caro sisters out in the thumb of Michigan so I will not be able to e-mail like normal on Monday. Sorry about that.
Thanksgiving was interesting. I really do not like eating food that I am not familiar with or that I don't know what the ingredients are and we had a lot of that. We had 3 back to back appointments. The first one knew that I couldn't have milk and their food was the creamiest! It was insane. Also when we showed up to their house they handed us a duster and a vacuum and told us to get to work so the house would be ready for their guests. I guess when they talked to the Elders about having us over cleaning was involved and we just missed the memo.
We were able to meet with Ryan and Lilly. They came with us to the Lambert's for Thanksgiving. Well, they met us there but it was amazing. The Brother Lambert is a chef so the food was good. Better than that we were able to have a lesson with them before dinner. Being a recently married couple with a new child they had their wedding certificate on the wall and pictures and Ryan and Lilly just stared at the pictures and oogled and their baby. We talked about Eternal marriage and just about everyone was in tears by the end, it was amazing. Ryan and Lilly just have a marriage certificate from the Government they never had a ceremony so when he heard about temple marriage he told Lilly that he would make it up to her, that he would take her to the temple to be married a year after they are baptized. It was sweet. Also his thankful at dinner was Lilly, he said that life was bland without her and now that she was with him life had color again. Talk about adorable. We extended a bapt date for them but since they are moving to Virgina at the end of December they are hesitant to be baptized before they leave.
Our third and final dinner appointment was with Brother and Sister Abenroth they are great. She studied Exercise Science at BYU with a music minor. She also plays the violin. It was awesome how much we had in common. Her dinner I have to say was my favorite. Plain and simple. At the other houses I at a lot of veggies because the rest of everything had cream sauces. There are blessings for that since I got to have 3 dinners and I wasn't sick or exceedingly full at the end like Sister Bogar, she was quite full. It was a little comical. This last dinner we had with Elder Coon and Elder Collins. It was my first dinner appointment with them and it was nice to get to know them better.
We did service this morning, we helped this kid with his Eagle Scout project, we laid bark chips down on a path in a park. It was interesting since one of the wheel barrows was terrible the tires were both flat and that made pushing it through mud just a pain. It also means that my arms are quite tired now.
I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Keys this Tuesday. It was a lot of fun. We were able to help her with some quality finding we got 8 return appointments. It was sweet. We were at the library and the Assistants came to finish a college application and to do some facebook lessons and we were able to talk with them. It was nice to finally get on the same page again. Often when they need to tell us something they just tell Sister Keys and sometimes we get it and sometimes we don't, it can be frustrating at times.
My companion and I are doing well. We had an interesting dinner appointment in Holt yesterday night. We got there and we took our shoes off to be polite-I wish I had not- they have a million birds all over and the floor was not the cleanest. Also the feet of my nylons have a lot of holes and so I was just standing on bird droppings. We got home and I went straight to the sink and washed them a million times with soap. We were able to have a lovely dinner and lesson and to keep our cool while we were with them but...wow...I commit here to live a simple life. I love cleanliness!!!
I get to make counsel calls to the rest of the sisters in the Lansing District now. Exciting right. Now I have no time to write in my journal or get ready for bed and finish updating the area book and fill out all the awesome paperwork that comes along with everything. With more responsibility comes more recording. Actually I am quite grateful that I get to call them and see how they are doing. I did train half of them so it is nice to be able to check up on them. Lately they have been correcting themselves and when they do that they giggle and say "Whose your trainer?" It is kind of funny. Also on the phone they have taken to saying "goodnight Mom." I realize that we aren't supposed to do things like that but it is really sweet and I don't know how exactly you correct that.
I hope that you had a wonderful time going to get a Christmas tree. It is almost 60 degrees here. I am in a light jacket and loving it!!! I hope that the weather is as nice there as it is here. I am also hoping that we don't get too much snow before I leave. Missionary work gets harder when it gets colder. People just don't want to stop when they are freezing.
Cloud is awesome and came to the Thanksgiving party. He helped Roy with his talent for the talent show. Roy was riding his unicycle and Cloud threw a candy and Roy caught it in his mouth as he rode past. After Roy caught it Cloud fist pumped. I don't think I could have smiled bigger. It was great to see him fellowshipped and accepted and having a great time! Also he has started to tell everyone that he is going to be baptized December 10th. It is really exciting to see him to happy.
Eryun is praying!!! He came to 4 hours of church last week and he called this morning to tell us that he can't make it tomorrow because he has a meeting at 1pm. We told him that he could come at 9am and he is going to come!! His desire to be good is so sincere it is just amazing. I love being able to teach these people who want to learn about God so much.
We still go out and find quite a bit, this week campus has been a ghost town. Li-an investigator that we passed to Sister Keys- he didn't understand that all of the cafeterias were going to close so he called us on Thursday freaking out because he had no food. It was quite amusing. We were able to give him some of our food, enough to get him through a few days. It is weird how everyone left, it went from thousands upon thousands of people to just a handful. I can't even imagine what Christmas break is going to be like.
Well I think that is about it for the week. I am still just plugging away. Well actually more like running to the finish line!!! Hurrah!
Mahal ko po kayo!
Ingat,
Sister Rebecca Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment