Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost Month 4!

Dearest Family,
On the 21st I will officially complete my 4th month...yay! Time is starting to pick up, funny the language is getting better. Morning prayers this week were interesting, I can't remember the day but I rolled onto my knees to say it and it came out Tagalog.
Weather...ya clouds...and more clouds, right now really super heavy rain...followed by more clouds. Remind me that I never want to live anywhere where it rains daily again, I need sun. But then again when we do get those moments of sun I feel like a puddle melting on the floor. I like the rain because it is cold but it comes down so heavy there is no way not to get wet, which wouldn't be bad but you just really never dry. What is the next season?? Rain then what?
As for the work, we are tracting more areas, one called Bamboungan, which is a mountain road. Literally we walk up the mountain. But there are some great people that we have started teaching, the ones at the top are Inglesia Ni Cristo so they won't even listen to us. Inglesia's are hard, they don't even believe in Christ, other than that he was a good man, they can't read from the Bible, and they are banned from listening to us, it is so hard because their churches look like our and are everywhere.
We have 2 baptisms this week. A part member family, well 2 of their children, Jr and Divina ages 12 and 9. They are absolutely adorable and have helped me learn a lot of Tagalog. Their interviews were on Saturday along with 2 other children, the way the families were preparing their kids for these interviews was serious quizzing. They had one listen to our lessons with Jr and Divina. They were making them recite the Word of Wisdom don'ts and the Law of Chastity points specifically. I don't remember my interview but I don't remember being as scared as these kids looked or being quizzed in preparation for it, I just remember being excited. I knew what I was doing was right, not what is that 5th point of the LoC. Culture differences, fun. What else. Jun and Julyn Diaz an amazing family that were a referral my first week. They have progressed along with me, and on Friday the 13th at 3pm Jun shook hands on stopping smoking from then on, that he would enter the waters of baptism with his wife September 18th. The spirit was so strong as he made that promise, and he was smoke free on Sunday at church. I know he can make it! His wife is amazing, she is very patient and when we came back last week she had read the entire introduction because she had already read the assigned reading and wanted to read more. We just started teaching Sister Ruby, she is also wonderful! She has 4 sons who are all black belts and being so into the sport they have no WoW concerns other than coffee. I love sports! She has wonderful questions and always reads. Amazing how they progress when they read the BoM. If they just get into it there is the Spirit, truth, experiences that can help everyone, I wish everyone could understand that and see the importance.
Fun story for you. Saturday after our interviews we went to follow up with some investigators and I was really happy having been able to talk to American Elders that afternoon. I always get excited when I can speak in English without getting glares of death. Anyway I was feeling the spirit and it was my turn to share the spiritual message, I shared Enos' my soul hungered and with the spirit and my desire to share the feeling that was in my heart, honestly the Tagalog just flowed out. I am not sure what I said but afterwards I felt like I could skip home. I wish that feelings like that would last and that happiness like that was daily, but small moments like that are what keep me here, keep me going.
We shared the Restoration for the first time this week. That was a lot of fun. The spirit was really strong, if you have some time I highly suggest watching it in Tagalog with English subtitles, interesting to think that 4 months ago I laughed at the thought that I would understand this, and now I am not only understanding but testifying, and trying to speak this language.
What else. Megan Congratulations on being a real teacher in a real big school, I am so proud and know that you can do this!
So in our meeting with the Branch President on Sunday after church he said that he had a dream that I trained a Samoan girl. Odd. I am sure that when I train (a long time from now I am sure) that all these experiences I am having now will help someone else. At least that is what I am telling myself because if I have to endure just for me it seems a whole lot harder.
Health wise, I am breathing normal, joyous rapture! After over a month of hacking I can breath! Still am having trouble hearing though, I can hear more but there is still a lot of popping. I am sure it will get better.
Thank you all for your prayers, I know that with all of your help I have been able to make it this far and I will be able to continue.
I love you all!
Sis. Rebecca Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment