Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One More Week

FAMILY,
Kumusta na po kayo??
Hello, how are you?
Although the normal greeting is "Magundang .......umaga (morning) Tanghali (lunch) Hapon (afternoon) gabi (evening).
This week has been an adventure and a half. We tracted a new place that was much like Tay-O I could look down from my seat through the bamboo floor and see fish, actually one nice man we tracted into gave us fish for dinner, it was still alive in the bag for a few more houses...interesting. Lovely people though.
Our baptisms last week were wonderful we had 4 investigators come to watch and they are more excited than ever. Bro. Diaz is still smoke free I am so proud of him, he is one that if he sets his mind to it can just quit. I know that he will make it! Although we just got told we have to move his baptismal date because of District Conference, so it looks like September 25, so far away!
What else, lots of rain this week as usual. It has been really hot in between the rain storms so we have been wet either way. Interesting feeling. I saw the biggest spider of my life inside a house on Saturday night, and it was in my apartment, I just stood there frozen looking at it listening to my heart beat for a good 10 minutes before I got the never to move. We were without power again Thursday night and wow the cockroaches came out in flock. I have never seen more or bigger raoches....yet again be still my anxiety....shudder.
It has been a pretty quiet week. Health wise still feel like someone punched me in the stomach, and there is that popping every time I swallow but at least I can hear. So I am not complaining.
I got a package today!! Thank you so so so so so much. I also got 2 letters from Megan, Elder Jake and Shanna. Shanna, thank you again, hang in there I am praying for you, you are so strong!!
Thank you everyone for the updates and the prayers, I really do live on them. I am still struggling with the language and the culture and the companion but at the moment I just feel really loved and for right now I know that I will be okay. So thank you all so much.
I am jealous of all of you starting school, I love school, I love to study and learn more and be able to sit and just soak in knowledge. But then again I am teaching and I love to teach...I just wish I understood more of the language. They talk so fast that honestly sometimes most of the time I just don't really understand much...lately I have been having trouble speaking...I hope that it means that my brain is finally finding a place for Tagalog and that I will get the language sometime soon.
Oh I was thinking that I will describe for you what the walk to church is like. Imagine yourself camping in the jungle with all the jungle noises, roosters crowing, monkeys (okay one pet monkey outside a house we pass), leaves crunching, many radios playing, the smell of smoke from little fires the light to burn garbage or cook on, then walk through it carrying an umbrella for shade and wearing a skirt, knee highs and nice shoes, and there you have it, or what I can quickly write of it.
We are staying in Cainta (technically part in the Manilla mission) tonight because we have zone conference tomorrow. My first zone conference!!
I love you all.
Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Sister Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment