Monday, October 18, 2010

Family

Dear Family,
How are you all? I am doing better, I have found that if I simply don't give in and eat with the natives my digestive system and I are a lot happier. I have gained a new ward full of mothers who are all concerned for my digestive system and all of them telling my what foods I should eat. So far I am doing okay. Thank you for the prayers. Also for all who wonder I have now finished my 5 lb. of Peanut Butter on the Mission. Yup.
Dad, yes I ate Balut once and I am pretty sure I am done for life. It helps that I was in a weird mood when I ate it, thinking back makes me a little queezy.
We had a miracle last week. Last Saturday we were told by 4 investigators that their parents would absolutely not sign the BR since they were having a viewing at their house. Well actually they keep the dead in their house for over a week before the actual burial, then they have a party nightly with gambling, and smoking and drinking. So we didn't want to go near the house, especially since that area is pretty hard for me with out added alcohol. But Thursday after a week of Sis Santos and I praying and pleading for help and safety we went to the area at night when the parents got off work. They gave us a bench in front of the house looking in at the patay ["Patay" is Tagalog for "the dead". - Emily] and to our left was the tent of sin (gambling, drinking, smoking ect...) to our right there were people making dinner over a fire, so smoke as well, and us in the center. We asked to speak with the parents. They came out, and we started. It was not going well, the mother was not willing to listen, the father seemed pretty willing to let his daughters be baptized but the mom had the final say. Sister Santos looked and me and we both took a pause, prayed silently and continued. We bore a simple testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. As Sis Santos testified I prayed for her and the parents to open their hearts, for the Spirit to please come. It did come, and powerfully. All distractions were muted and it was just us, the parents, and their 3 daughters who wanted to be baptized. The Spirit touched their hearts and they asked their children do you want to be baptized, their children said yes. The parents paused, then to our surprise testified that they knew that this gospel was helping their children and they would be happy to sign their BR's. Sister Santos and I just about flew home and praying thank you the entire way. What a miracle to watch them be baptized this past Saturday and be confirmed new members on Sunday and hear them thank us for not giving up on them and for helping them. That was a tender mercy. Attached is their picture.

This Gospel is true. Yes the work is hard and harder with the health woes but the work goes on. The Spirit is such a powerful tool in this work, I cannot imagine having to work without it.
Transfers are next week, this past transfer has gone a lot faster, at this rate I might actually make it to Christmas without realizing it. I get my first 2 "children" this week. We go on MTC transfers for a day, I am a little nervous to go out on my own with new missionaries but all the other missionaries say that I should have little trouble, so I am just going to rely on the Spirit and have fun.
Yellowstone in the fall!! Jealous ako! Oh well. The Lord has shown me this week that He is aware of me and there have been a lot of tender mercies this week.
Also yes Mom, there is a storm here, they have told us to get a 72 hours supply of food and water ready. There has been a lot of rain and we have gotten really wet and had to walk through ankle deep water. So far nothing terrible though. Up north I guess they are evacuating. Scary day. But I know that we will be protected what ever happens.
Thank you for all of your prayers.
I love you all,
Sister Jensen


Thank you for the wedding invitation Bryson and Destiny and good luck to the Bachman's and Love side of the family involved in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment