Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One Down

Dear Family,
What a week it has been. All of the sisters in my apartment are transferring and I am staying. Needless to say I sat and cried last night when I thought about all of that responsibility and not only that but they completely are whitewashing the Marikina 2nd ward, so all new housemates. I am nervous but then again we would never grow if we never reached out of our comfort zone. There is slow progression when you are comfortable, when we are put in these situations it's like getting a cavity filled...miserable but oh so necessary. Sigh. which means that tomorrow bright and early we will be going to the transfer meeting and finding out who my new companion is, then hopefully manage to lead the area. Gulp.
What else. So a sister in the ward gave me the biggest chocolate bar (dark chocolate 74% cocoa) last week with hazelnuts, from Sweden. Yum. Except for the stomach pain it caused. Chocolate is again on the bawal [forbidden, illegal, or prohibited] list. I am still living on skyflakes [crackers like unto saltines] and oatmeal, sigh. Thinking about living on it for the next year makes me not too happy, but again when I feel brave and try and eat even the simplest Filipino food I am left suffering. Joy of joys.
Our investigators are doing great, we extended 5 baptismal invitations and all accepted this week! Actually bonus they are children of less active members, we got a referral for one of them then they said oh my neighbor is a member too and their kids are always over, go teach them too, we house hopped like that for hours. Now they are thriving and their kids are learning the gospel. While listening to their stories and watching their children, I realized that they didn't know that it was their responsibility to teach their children the gospel, when they started having children they fell away. We teach them that families are central to the plan and this church but I know that they still don't understand that because families are central the whole family is invited to church. That is something I am going to try and help them understand this next transfer.
What else. Oh we had MTC exchanges, my first 2 daughters in the mission. I didn't die either, I was scared out of my mind yes but luckily the Spirit and a legion of Angels were there helping me and we taught lessons, tracted, OYM'd and they listened with excitement at my stories. Odd, I never thought I would have stories to tell about the mission but yes I do now.
We had a Family History Fireside last week as well. Amazing. I am so glad that we have such amazing members of our family who have really caught the spirit and done a lot of work. These families here don't have many records, many storms destroy all records, many parents move far away from their birth homes and don't tell stories about their grandparents so a lot of knowledge is lost.
What else, I am just trying to do as Pres. Uchtdorf said last last conference, Patience is not just enduring, it is enduring well. I am trying. Wow. Hard.
As for the weather we have had a lot of rain and wind, I lost my really good umbrella and the wind destroyed my cheap one in a matter of days, so I need to buy a new good one today. Other than a lot of rain, and cooler weather for a bit, not much is new. Everything is still green and feels like July. Dad I am going to hold you to Yellowstone when I get home, I can't wait for the culture shock. Just one year left!!! Thank Heavens. I love the mission, I love the people, but wow I am going to be grateful if this next year goes as quickly as the last transfer did.
I love you all!
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment