
...I will send my camera card soon, I bought a flash drive today.
Dear Family,
I am so jealous of fly fishing and fall. Thank you for enjoying it for me. FYI it is still as hot as ever here and will be until the day I leave and will be probably forever and ever.
What a week. I survived though. To start off, conference was wonderful. I cried though the entire first session of Saturday. Mom, Dad thank you from the bottom of my heart for my love of conference but it sure makes it hard to be away from you on conference weekend. I really missed you all. I was craving apple crisp and waffles all day on Sunday, random. Interviews last week went well. I was able to be open with Pres. DeLaMare and we were able to laugh about some of the difficult cultural differences and get advice about how to politely refuse food. His advice blame the doctor. Awesome! I am still trying to find my place in this culture...still hard for me.
Also the food this week has decided that it will not stay in me, needless to say I have had a most interesting time eating crackers, rice, bananas, and Gatorade since Thursday. Everything else that I eat just makes me sick. I have talked to Sister DeLaMare about it when it first started and will talk to her again tomorrow. (We get to listen to Elder Jay E Jensen tomorrow as a Mission Devotional, I am so excited.) That has made the work hard this week, many of our areas are exceedingly poor some don't have a CR some don't even have electricity. I listened to Pres Monson's talk about gratitude with different ears this conference. Some of our teaching appointments are done by a single light bulb or lamps. What a different world I live in.
The work this week other than me running to CR's ["Comfort Room"] has been good. We had a set of 4 sisters decide to delay their baptism because of their uncle's death. Which left us a little sad...okay more than a little sad. But also we had 3 sisters step up and ask if they could move their baptism up to this Saturday, so we swapped their dates and happily have baptisms for the stake baptism. They are all amazing. I was on exchanges yesterday and got to lead the area, that was fun and very humbling. It is still hard for me not to understand and speak as much as I want to. I still have so so so so so so so so much to learn. I am coming up on 6 months on the mission, they say it goes faster after this point. Really?
Well Conference was amazing, beyond amazing. I sat there entranced by the English and the MoTab (yes MoTab) and all the white people, good grief we really are white. I got to answer a lot of questions about the Conference Center and who is who and what is where. That was nice to feel like I actually know something.
Well I think that is it for this week. Congratulations Megan. My heart goes out to you and please keep me in the loop. Congrats and marami-maraming salamat din para sa lahat [many, many thanks also for all] who have served, who are preparing to serve, and for those I get to serve. This is a marvelous work and a wonder! The church is true. Thomas S Monson is the Prophet on earth today and his words are for us.
I love you all
Ingat,
Sister Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment