Monday, May 31, 2010

3 More Weeks

Kumusta na!!
How are you all?? It sounds like everyone is busy living their lives, for which I am very grateful to hear about. U2 was postponed...you don't think they could just come back say November of 2011. Joke lang. Wow Tagalog is going well, we taught our first lesson all in Tagalog last week, thank you all for your prayers it helped so much, we actually made it through the entire time all Tagalog. I was so happy, there is still so so so so so so so much to learn and understand but already I feel so blessed to be learning such a wonderful and strange language. We learned how to barter and use money last week, it was awesome we had cards with clothes and went around trying to barter the price down and then pay with money. All the time and money are done in Spanish numbers so I am glad that we had Spanish all through elementary because lo and behold I am thankful for it.
What else, the temple is closed to day so we do not get to go this week, that makes me sad, I have gone every week since I have been endowed except for the week my appendix decided to hate me. Oh well we get more study time this way. I got a hair cut this morning, it is currently drying into big frizzy waves as we speak, I only got a trim but I hope that I can still do a decent braid...if not I am going to be toast.
I only have 3 more weeks of this...wonderful...painful...MTC experience. There are things that I am learning about myself and the gospel that I will always cherish and that will help me for the remainder of my life.
Elder D Todd Christofferson came and spoke to us last Tuesday. It was amazing! I can't believe that we have had an apostle every other week, what blessings to be taught at the feet of apostles. Ayos!!!
Well mom to answer your questions about my kasama, she turns 22 June 13, the is from Highland. She is a hairstylist person and loves to go shopping and look cute. She is great at talking to people and has a story for everything. She is a great therapist and has advice for everyone and a story for every problem. I am so grateful that she is my kasama, yes there are trials to overcome but who doesn't have them when you are getting used to a new environment with new people and places and hard hard trials.
I went to go play the violin yesterday, I couldn't remember any of the songs I have learned but I played hymns and I loved it. I miss playing.
I love you so much, thank you for your prayers.
Mahal ko Kayo,
Sister Rebecca Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment