Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What a beautiful day‏

Kumusta,
Hello Pamilia, how is everyone?? I am so jealous that everyone is home and doing fun things like hiking ensign peak. Funny story Ann Dibb and Sister Cook came to speak to us on Sunday for Relief Society and they talked to us about Hiking Ensign peak and to think that you were there. Wow. I got a hug from them so I will count that as close to you...right. Sis McCormack and I taught our District in District meeting yesterday, we taught about the Plan of Salvation mostly focusing on the PreEarth life and of course the focus of everything the Atonement, the Spirit was really strong I am glad that we were able to work together to help our district. Then I sang with 3 other girls in sacrament meeting. I got to be escorted by Elders to my meetings, I should not have so much fun going to meeting on Sunday but I really do enjoy it. All of my new sisters are doing well, we have 2 from Samoa, they are quiet and getting used to the Language but other than that they are sweet and very strong in the gospel. The other 2 girls are from big families in Utah and are ready to serve the Lord, it is interesting to see how the Lord places people in our paths for a reason.
Thank you for the shoes mom, they are nice and give me one more option to my lovely sister missionary attire. Thank you Chick flick sisters for the letters, I missed you all Saturday night. I had your picture out and told everyone in our room who you all were and what chick flicks are...they think that it is an awesome idea. We loved the bread...yum.
President Holland came and spoke to us on Tuesday, that is about the most energetic speaker on missionary work I think I will ever see. Unfortunately I was still sick at the time and could not hear very well and was feeling miserable so I missed a lot of the excitement that our Elders took away from that meeting. Bro. Welch promised that we can watch it again when they finally make it available to the missionaries. Even though I felt nasty I could still feel the Spirit and I was still able to take away a lot. We are the missionaries of today, we are the example, I have no right not to be that example, the Lord has called me set me apart and now I need to step up to the position become that missionary the Lord has called me to be. It was amazing.
Companion woes are working out, there are more up days than down. Companion inventory still gives me heartburn and leaves me not the happiest person, but I know that as I try and improve and as I try to lift where I stand I will the strengthened. I was given this kasama for a reason and I need to appreciate that for the remainder of my MTC stay. Which is almost half way over...yup I will have been in here for a month this week. Do you miss me??
Well I will write more later.
I love you.
Sister Rebecca Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment