Kumusta Pamilya,
Fun story for you all...it is snowing and I do not have a coat. We were walking up to the temple this morning and it was slushy but when we got done with initiatories there is a lot of snow and it was coming down hard. Talk about insane, we have now seen all 4 seasons in the past month at the MTC.
Speaking of being here for over a month and being on the down hill slant of my time here everything we do is now in Tagalog. Which is good but really hard at the same time. We teach our first complete lesson in Tagalog this Thursday, prayers para sa Kaloob ng mga wika would be appreciated on my part for that lesson. I am just concerned about remember all of the verbs and their different forms whether it be object of actor focus. All in all though it is about meeting the needs of the investigator and so it really won't be that big a deal if I struggle this is my first solid Tagalog week and we are here to make mistakes so we can improve.
The sisters sang in Zone conference, we sang Go Forth with Faith to the tune of Abide with Me Tis Eventide, it turned out well. Also I had to call a meeting with the sisters and talk about obedience, it was so scary but while I was speaking I definitely was guided with what to say and how to say it, I hope that these sisters can come to understand that these rules are in place to help us, not hinder us. They are for our protection and so that we can be filled with the spirit not just there to change who they are or stifle their artistic personalities. Fun I am hoping we will see the fruits of this meeting this week and for the rest of their missions.
Sister Ann Madsen, wife of Truman Madsen spoke to us yesterday in Relief Society. She was so inspired she also spoke about modesty and obedience. Also making our prayers more meaningful. I really appreciated that because I was asked to give the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting and I was nervous to pray sa tagalog for a congregation. But it all went well.
Not much new happened this week. My district and zone sisters loved the Brownies and think that I have the coolest family ever. Thank you all for your notes and packages I appreciate them so much. Thank you also for your prayers and support I cannot thank you enough for the support and love that I feel daily from all of you. I am so glad to have such a strong base of support so that I can lose myself in the work.
We had a member of our district go home this week because of medical reasons, we are praying for his speedy recovery and hope that he can return to the mission field soon where ever he is recalled I am sure that he will do great things but it has been odd not to have him in our district anymore. He was in the older group but was help back because of injury he was only in our district for a few weeks but still it is odd without him.
The Hong Kong sisters leave today, I have been able to get to know them well and there is still a part of my heart that longs to go there. Mom I am going to blame you for that, I love it though, hearing them speak Cantonese reminds me of you.
I am glad to hear that everyone in the family is holding strong. Life is hard, but I am so glad that we know the Plan of happiness so that we can have happiness and joy while here on this earth.
The Church is True.
Mahal ko Kayo.
Sister Rebecca Jensen
No comments:
Post a Comment